Really, I can't believe that I've taken this Big step into the unknown world of card making. It wouldn't be so intimidating if it were my grand-kids or some other little kids, but when I see the fantastic works of art that you ladies produce week after week, it leaves me with my jaw dropping.
If I just hadn't gone to StampTV and gotten hooked on Gina K's great instructional videos. But, no I had to watch just one more, that's all it took. And it was just like when I was a boy in Brooklyn, N.Y. again. Yep, I had gone with my mom to an Italian pastry shop, and after eating my first Canoli it was all over. I was hooked, even here in Indiana, years later, I have to buy a couple of Canoli's every once in awhile, it just gets into your blood. That is what card making has become for me.
I see some of your great looking cards, and I think that you ladies probably don't think that they are that great, but to an up and comer (I hope I am anyway), I get very inspired by the colors, designs, embellishments, etc. And, after thinking there just couldn't be more to this hobby, I saw Gina K's video on something called Copic markers. I thought what in the world are Copic markers, aren't they all alike? So, after watching the two videos, I decided I just have to buy some of those.
Then, I went to some of your blogs, since I wanted to find out what all the excitement was about this "Blog Hoping" thing. When I went to some of StampTV member's blogs and saw some of the cards, I just had to ask each one how they made them. You ladies are a bunch of "SAINTS" having to put up with such a neophyte. You all make me feel like a t-ball baseball player (that is little kids baseball), and you ladies are at the Major league level. So, I do want you to know how much I appreciate your notes of encouragement.
Please be patient with me as I learn the ropes of writing and running my blog, I will succeed because of a great supporting cast - YOU LADIES.
That's why I came up with the name of "Inspirational Cards", for my blog, because each day when I check my emails from StampTV and the other blogger friends that I've met I am truly Inspired by what I see.
A special thank you to the following that have answered my early on questions without hesitation and hopefully without splitting their gut with laughter:
1) Gina K ( O.K. not for contacting me, but because of this website and blog..thank you teacher)
2) Lee Murphy Thank you Lee (luvlee) for being the first one to welcome me to Stamptv, and for answering several of my questions.
3) Pat You also were quick to welcome me and share some tips with me, thank you so much.
4) Heather Dennis Thank you for allowing me into your blog hop page, and for all the suggestions and tips. I feel I've almost gotten it all straighten out in my mind, hope to be playing real soon.
5) Janice Whiting For being one of my new friends here and sharing so much of your encouragement and tips Thank You.
6) Colleen Schaan Boy, was I surprised to find your blog / site with the Copic coloring video lessons. I am really looking forward to learning from your techniques, thank you.
7) Savanaah O'Gwynn Another "angel helper" that I found on StamTV. Thank you for sharing lots of info and directing me to different blogs to help me learn from other talented ladies, thank you so much.
As you can see after just a few days of membership here, many talented artists, have really reached out to this fledgling card maker. Again thank you all for welcoming me and giving me the name for my blog